Writers in Oxford provides opportunities for writers to meet one another, discuss issues of mutual interest, and enjoy a range of literary and other activities. Our mission is ‘Engage, exchange, enjoy…’
We run a termly programme of events and other services for members, which includes:
- Social evenings – at members’ homes
- Author talks – at a college or pub venue
- Outings and walks – in and around Oxford
- Newsletter – see examples (left)
- Database of members – (access is for members only)
- Christmas and Summer parties
The Photo Gallery has some pictures of our recent events.
Interested in becoming a member? Our Join Us page gives details of the application process. NOTE: We do not offer advice on contracts or other professional matters, for which we recommend authors join the Society of Authors.
CONTACT US: Writers in Oxford, membership[at]writersinoxford.org
The 5 prizewinners of the Young Oxfordshire Writers Competition – Balliol College, 17 November 2017
Lindsey Cohick, Coral Dalitz, Gabriel Schenk, Sarah Jones and Alexander Shickell.
READ their prizewinning texts.